As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If your hot tub doesn't have built-in speakers, or you just want a fun way to add some more sound and style, a floating Bluetooth speaker is for you.
This article will save you hours in researching: we took an in-depth look at a range of speakers, and will highlight their pros and cons so that you can find the perfect one for your spa.
Here are my top three picks for floating hot tub speakers under $80:
- Best overall: Blufree CT602 Floating Bluetooth Speaker
- Best for parties: 'Whale' Fountain Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Best multipurpose: INSMY C30 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
What makes a good hot tub speaker?
Sound quality, looks, price, and durability are all important factors in choosing a hot tub speaker.
The best speakers have clear sound that doesn't distort even at full volume, have great bass to enhance your music's impact, are easy to clean, look good in any spa, and are durable enough to stand up to lots of splashing.
Let's take a closer look at each of these speakers to see why they ranked so highly.
Enjoy your favorite tunes and take calls in the hot tub without getting out.View on Amazon
The Blufree CT602 was our overall top pick for the best hot tub speaker. It's waterproof with an IP67 rating (higher than the others we tested) and comes packed with four different LED lights that change colors along with a few different flashing pattern modes.
This durable wireless speaker can connect to most media devices via Bluetooth and also has a built-in mic so you can take calls. It's great for listening to music while relaxing in the hot tub, but this handy feature also means you don't have to get out of the water to answer a call!
What we loved
- Clear and loud sound even in the water, making it perfect for hot tubbing
- User friendly and easy to operate
- Take phone calls without getting out of the water
- Easily change the mood of your hot tub with a different color each time
- Create an unforgettable experience for your guests by setting up a custom light show
What we didn't
- Speaker is smaller than it looks in the pictures (check the measurements so you know what to expect)
- A little difficult to hear with spa jets on full
Best for parties
A speaker that rocks out and makes a statement.View on Amazon
This unique Bluetooth fountain speaker has three nozzles that correspond to three spray patterns, producing three heights of water fountain (just like a whale!).
It has enhanced bass which makes it great for children, teenagers and adults alike. The IPX7 waterproof speaker also features 7 LED lights and a 5-hour playtime, making it perfect for parties or family hot tub entertainment.
What we loved
- Great for parties, BBQs, and all kinds of gatherings when you want to entertain
- Loud, crisp sound
- At least 5-7 hours of battery life
- Feel like you're in Las Vegas every time you jump into the hot tub!
What we didn't
- The only thing I didn't like was that it distorts the sound a little when you put it in water
- This speaker did come in at the top of the price range
The ultimate in portable outdoor sound.View on Amazon
The INSMY C30 is a multifunctional speaker that can be used on various occasions, beyond just your hot tub. This versatile speaker is IPX7 waterproof so it will float happily in your spa, but can also work as a general portable speaker too.
With the 20W audio output clear stereo sound and 100ft transmission range, you will get plenty of use for an affordable price. It also comes with a 4400mAh battery which can last up to 24 hours on one charge.
The portable and compact design makes it perfect for traveling or outdoor music festivals as well as hot tub use!
What we loved
- Crystal clear audio quality so you can enjoy your music even in the spa
- Up to 24 hours of sound, making it perfect for all kinds of outdoor use
- TWS mode means you can connect two C30 speakers together for 360-degree stereo sound
- Sophisticated color selection
- Portable! You can take it anywhere and not worry about water or dust damage
What we didn't
- Buttons aren't the easiest to figure out
- No lights (this one is more for the adults)
What's the best hot tub speaker?
All these speakers are great in their own way, it just really depends on what you want from your spa experience. Have kids? Go with the Whale. Want something for your hot tub but also want to listen to music when you're out camping or at a festival? The C30 has you covered. Are you looking for a great gift idea? The CT602 is our overall favorite.
The Blufree CT602 was great for listening to music while relaxing in the hot tub, but its pretty light settings, handy microphone feature for taking phone calls, and the superior IP67 waterproof rating are what gave this speaker the edge—especially for the price!
What's the difference between IPX7 and IP67?
IP67 is better than IPX7 because it is both dust-proof and waterproof. IPX7 means that the product is waterproof, but it cannot be used in dirty places. Both can be put underwater for 30 minutes at a depth of 3 feet (or 1 meter).
Why is Bluetooth important in a speaker?
Bluetooth is important in speakers because it allows for wireless connection between the speaker and the other device you want to listen to music on.
The wireless aspect of Bluetooth technology makes it so much easier than trying to physically connect your phone or computer with a wire. It's also less cumbersome than Wi-Fi which can require complicated setup. Adding music into any hot tub can be easy if you're using a waterproof Bluetooth speaker.
Is it better to get a floating or non-floating hot tub speaker?
It depends on the person. If you are an audiophile, you may want to invest in a non-floating Bluetooth speaker to place just outside of your spa because they will give you better sound quality. Alternatively, someone who has kids who splash around a lot, or who is looking for some novelty and fun, would probably choose a floating speaker.
My favorite portable speaker (for audio quality) is actually the JBL FLIP 5. It's also totally waterproof so it's a perfect hot tub speaker, it's just not designed to float (don't expect a light show either).